Currently unavailableNotify on availability
Principality of Anhalt - Bernburg, 1/6 Thaler 1856-1862
Av. bear on sloping city wall with gate
Rs. "6 einen Thaler" in wreath with mint mark and year
The Principality of Anhalt-Bernburg was a German principality at the time of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation, the Confederation of the Rhine and the German Confederation. It existed under this name from 1252 until 1468 and from 1603 to 1863, when the territory was incorporated into the Duchy of Anhalt.
The principality of Anhalt-Bernburg came into being in 1252 through the division of the principality of Anhalt-Zerbst into Anhalt-Aschersleben, Anhalt Bernburg and Anhalt-Zerbst. In 1468, the ruling princely family became extinct in the male line, and Anhalt-Bernburg fell to the principality of Anhalt-Zerbst. A few centuries later, the principality of Anhalt-Bernburg was re-established in 1603 through the division of Anhalt-Zerbst into Anhalt-Dessau, Anhalt-Bernburg, Anhalt-Köthen, Anhalt Plötzkau and Anhalt-Zerbst.
In 1806, the Act of the Confederation of the Rhine led to the elevation to a duchy and in 1812 to the merging of partial territories. In 1815 the duchy became a member of the German Confederation. In 1847 Anhalt-Köthen-Plötzkau fell to Anhalt-Bernburg.
With the With the extinction of the Bernburg line in 1863, the territory was united with the Duchy of Anhalt-Dessau and the new Duchy of Anhalt was created. the new Duchy of Anhalt was created with Dessau as its capital. The capital of the territory was Bernburg. The rulers were the Ascanian princes of Anhalt-Bernburg.
|Additional specifications||Diameter ca. 22 mm|
Anhalt-Bernburg, 6 Pfennig 1758
35.00 € *
Anhalt-Bernburg, 2/3 Taler 1799 HS
175.00 € *