Brandenburg-Bayreuth

Brandenburg-Bayreuth

Brandenburg-Bayreuth

The Principality of Bayreuth (German: Fürstentum Bayreuth) or Margraviate of Brandenburg-Bayreuth (Markgraftum Brandenburg-Bayreuth) was an immediate territory of the Holy Roman Empire, ruled by a Franconian branch of the Hohenzollern dynasty. Since Burgrave Frederick VI of Nuremberg was enfeoffed with the Margraviate of Brandenburg in 1415/17, the Hohenzollern princes transferred the margravial title to their Franconian possessions, though the principality never had been a march. Until 1604 they used Plassenburg Castle in Kulmbach as their residence, hence their territory was officially called the Principality of Kulmbach or Margraviate of Brandenburg-Kulmbach until the Empire's dissolution in 1806.


Display per page
Sort by
Product no.: 375098

Brandenburg-Bayreuth, Frederick, 1735-1763, Thaler 1752 CLR

380.00 € *

In stock
shipping within 2-3 days

*
Prices incl. VAT, plus shipping costs